Cosplay Cure Cards

^Cosplay name cards, cosplay cure cards or just simply Cure Cards or even just coscards.


What is this fad?! O_O"

hahahhahah Actually, am not sure if the exchanging of cure cards has gotten a strong hold of the Philippine cosplay scene yet.
This thing has only recently started even among my circle of friends.
There's only a few of us in the Philippines who have cure cards now. XD
I've noticed that the ones who have them are those who have experienced cosplay abroad or close friends of those cosplayers.
When I first started giving out my cure cards to the people I met in cons or to my friends, most of them reacted the same way, confused or shocked. They were like "whoa?! what's this?"
Then I'd go on a long winding talk about cure cards and this would eventually lead me to talk about my experience in the 2010 AFA in Singapore.




My not so extensive collection of cure cards. 
My first cure card was from Jesuke, she even signed it on the back hihihihi *kyaaaaa*
Other cards as seen above are from Yue Gene, Yolkler, Sese, Katz, Aeade, Wild Quaker, Shiro Ang and z3LL







So anyway, Cure cards (cosplay name cards or cosplay cure cards or cos-cure cards or coscards) are the cosplayers' equivalent of a business card. From what I know, this phenomena started in Japan where almost everyone has a meishi. These are cards which contains a person's cosplay and contact details.




What is it with cure cards, anyway?


  • *Well, honestly they are fun. You get to swap cards with friends and cosplayers that you admire.

  • *There is a certain charm to their novelty. It can be a collection, getting rare cure cards and adding it to your collection gives some people (like me! hehehehe) a thrill

  • *It is a good way to stay or get connected with people who share the same interest. Cure cards are not limited to people who have cure accounts, both cosplayers and photographers can have them.

  • *If you have a wide range of designs (one cosplay per cure card) then it can also serve as your mini cosplay portfolio.

  • *It is much less rude compared to going up to a person and asking for their names and contact details out right.

  • *They are convenient, one can not always have a pen and paper ready to write down names and contact details. So cure cards are very handy.

  • *With cure cards, you can be not rude when some one asks for your contact details. Because you can control what contact details you want to share in a card. You can just simply give them a card and smile.




These were my first cure cards.
With cure cards, you can declare which ones are your RARE ones.
For me, my Sunako and Calla cards are my rare cards. I only have a few of them left. hihihihih





What are the things that you must keep in mind in making a cure card?

  • *Your card should be in a standard business card size - 3.5 x 2 inches 

  • *For easy printing, it should be saved in .jpg of .png format with 300 dpi

  • *Make sure your texts are clear. Choose a font style that is clear and readable

  • *One cosplay per card only and the cosplayer in your card MUST BE YOU (choose your best ones =3) you can also add the name of the character in but that is optional

  • *Do not forget important information like: 
      • your name or alias 
      • cure number (if you have a cosplay cure account)
      • either or all of your websites like facebook, multiply, deviantart or blog account 
      • email address / msn or yahoo messenger
      • cell phone number (optional)
      • country (optional)
      • credits to the photographer (optional)
        • NOTE: YOU CAN CONTROL WHAT INFORMATION YOU ARE COMFORTABLE SHARING. ALTHOUGH YOU CAN PUT ALL YOUR ACCOUNTS/WEBSITES AND OTHER CONTACT DETAILS IN YOUR CURE CARD, I STRONGLY ADVISE THAT YOU KEEP TO YOUR MAIN ACCOUNTS, TOO MUCH INFO WILL MAKE YOUR CARD TOO FULL OF TEXT AND CAN COVER YOUR COSPLAY PHOTO.


My new batch of cure cards. I'll be handing these out soon. ^^V



Most cosplayers are nice and friendly, it is easy to come up say hi and to ask for their cure cards. So don't be shy ^___^V

Get yourself a nice card container, preferably an album type container so you can let your friends choose what design they would like. These album types can hold and protect lots of cards so it can also serve as a place to keep the new cure cards you will get from friends. Presenting damaged or dirty cards is a sign of disrespect in Japan so keep you cards clean and nice.

I am hoping that the custom of exchanging cure cards will be accepted in our community and can be practiced widely as it is very nice and convenient. I look forward to exchanging cure cards with you! See you next con!~


*******************************
thanks for reading!
 jaa! visit me again, ne!
     arigatou! (*^3^)/~






10 Comments

  1. I hope we could exchange cards too in the future :DD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want the DM card.. please reserve one for me :)

    Im still thinking of how my cure card will look. Thanks for the tips though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohhh I want the Calla rare card hehe. :)
    Me has no cure card yet hohoho.
    Naoko's been telling me about it but I've been darn lazy hehe. :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very nice!!! Please give me one toooooo <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. @nanami: make yours already! hehehehehe

    @reika: one DM saved, and good thing u told me in advance, they are almost gone >_<

    @chai: im pressuring you!!!!! hehehehe make cure cards! hehehehehe

    @dukesa wolf: i am excited to see your =)

    LET'S TRADE! ^^v

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhhh thats nice! im gonna start to make those :3 hope to see you soon~ <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. do you use photo paper for your cure cards? your cosplays are soooo awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. As much as I like Cure, I don't see why they should be called "Cure Cards." Exchanging contact cards among Japanese, including cosplayers, has been quite common for several years.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cute and I want to make some!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i keep on looking at cure cards in my hand
    and i am thinking if i should make one
    i didn't even accept some cure cards before
    i said that if i accept a lot, it's a millions of hectare forest's worth :P

    ReplyDelete