SUZUMIYA HARUHI Cosplay

^I debuted my Haruhi cosplay back in 2009.
Looking back, I was never satisfied with how I portrayed her.
I was unhappy with my noobish skills but I knew that someday, I would learn all the skills I need to make good cosplays.

Here's a look at how my early Haruhi cosplay was.

I really liked Haruhi, she is strong, she is passionate and she is a go-getter. I like how eccentric she is, plus in a somehow weird way-she turns out to be a god of some sort XD
I wish I was as athletic as she is though...

Not much changed since I last wore this costume.
Everything is basically the same but I did make some improvements:
-I styled the wig's bangs but I still used the same wig as before
-I now have contact lens on
-now has better make up XDD
-made the skirt shorter and the top fits better
-more props (?)
-tried my best to channel Haruhi rather than just pose

Since, I had waited so long for a proper Haruhi shoot, I thought, why not bring the costume to Singapore for AFA?

Yep, the costume went all the way to Singapore just for a photo shoot.
Why? Because I really wanted to do one of my most favorite characters justice so no expense must be spared for this.
To be honest, as I am not moe moe cute, I wanted to make myself stand out as there are a ton of Haruhi Suzumiya cosplayers, trying to come up with ways on how to do this was kinda hard, in the end, I settled with utilizing props and trying to convey Haruhi as best as I can (in the photos at least).


Character: Suzumiya Haruhi
Cosplay by jaRoukaSama
Series: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya / Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu
Photos by: z3LL
November 2011
Scape Bldg., Singapore

I tried several faces / moods to show the different sides of my beloved alien loving, esper seeking, time traveler hunting girl.


 a happy Haruhi
the place is so white and the lighting was so good in that place
 I simply love it ♥




 le proud boss showing off her armband



a somehow annoyed Haruhi


 a relaxed Haruhi


 a pissed off Haruhi
you do not make Haruhi wait


Haruhi in boss mode


a Haruhi bursting with passion
for some reason, people seem to really like this particular photo XDD
hehehehehe


Now for some extras, obligatory but NOT mandatory group photos~!
 Thanks to sese and hexlord for initiating this shoot!
Oh my glob! Ian looks like an Asian pop star in this pic LOL hehehehehe


and we close with two crazy ladies ^___^


*******************************
thanks for reading!
 jaa! visit me again, ne!
     arigatou! (*^3^)/~






0 Comments