THIEF RIKKU FF X-2 Cosplay

^Who doesn't love Rikku?
What's not to love?
She's fun, lively, kind and super energetic.
Not to mention totally hot XDD
The characters of Final Fantasy are just sooooooo hnnngggggggg!
Rikku is one of my favorites, although I've always admired Rikku and Final Fantasy, cosplaying them was something I never thought I'd do as I think they are way too pretty for me (let's also add that they have bodes that are waaaaayyy too smokin' XDD)

One day, I saw Ate Dukesa's post. She was selling some of her costumes, her awesomely awesome Rikku was one of the things she was selling and she was selling the whole set!
I thought and thought about it, I didn't have a lot of money and I thought about me being Rikku...
"baka hindi bagay" ("it might not look good on me") was my biggest concern.
I decided to let it pass.
Admittedly, it was too pricey for me but I thought about how accurate the costume was, how I know of Ate Dukesa's dedication and the quality of her cosplays.
Pricey yes, but totally worth it for a complete head to toe set with weapon!
So all I have to say is, I regret nothing!!!
I said I would pass but eventually I found myself ordering, paying and claiming Ate Dukesa's Rikku.
Money gone but again I REGRET NOTHING! lols

Here's some info on my favorite Al Bhed girl, RIKKU:

"An Al Bhed girl trying hard to protect Yuna. She makes up for her weak attacks with her superior speed. Her fear of lightning is just a phobia. She affectionately calls Yuna "Yunie" as a nickname."
—Scan description 

Rikku is kind-hearted, spirited and energetic, which sometimes clashes with the more stoic group members. She looks up to Lulu as something of a role model, being impressed with her calm level-headed nature. Child-like and playful in many ways, Rikku tries to maintain a positive outlook and often refers to gloomy or annoying people as "big meanies". Her cheerful outlook often makes a stark contrast, however, when she is sad or upset, and despite her outwardly happy exterior, she seems to carry some insecurities, particularly when it comes to her own future and what she wants to be. When voicing these worries to Yuna, she is reassured that her own adventure would arrive one day. 
Rikku is also known to be highly intelligent, being bilingual and skilled in chemistry. She also suffers from astraphobia, the fear of lightning, after a mishap involving Brother and a stray Thunder spell in her youth. 

Ate Dukesa really made a superb costume and an even more awesome cosplay of Rikku. *clap clap*
photo by z3LL

The costume that I have is Rikku in her Thief dress sphere. Given the chance, I'd like to maybe have more versions. Warrior? Alchemist? Lady Luck? Matsuri? Who knows? heheheheh

I got a really complete set. >3<
I got the wig, head band, earrings, scarf, arm warmers, bra top, skirt, shoe covers, gloves and weapons, all nicely wrapped in a zip lock bag. Wow, very neat and organized.

I did a few adjustments but the costume was really fine. Again, I say, I regret nothing!
Ate Dukesa made these and I am just so happy and honored that she entrusted me with her Rikku cos.
Money well spent.

Ate Dukesa accepts commissions and from what I know, she still has some things that needs to be sold. Check out her cosplays and other stuff in her FB page: DUKESA COSPLAY


Now, me as Rikku!~ heheheheh

Character: Rikku
Cosplay by jaRoukaSama
Series: Final Fantasy X-2
Version: Thief
Genre: Game
Photos by: z3LL and Rej Bantayan
Costume almost entirely by Dukesa Wolf, some adjustments by Yuu Shomura
Special Thanks to my Ninong Art for art directing, to my brother Lo and friend Ralph Crisostomo for the support and assists

Would you believe we went all the way to Sentosa in Singapore just to shoot this? XDD
Photos taken is Sentosa last November 2011.



Rikku cosplay

Thief Rikku


FF X-2 Rikku


Thief Rikku cosplay


I forgot about sucking my fats in but other wise, this is my favorite.
Sorry for ruining your day, but deal with it TROLOLOLOL 

T'was a fun and tiring day.
We didn't forget to take the obligatory group photo!
Pardon me for being out of character heheheheheh

We have few photos as we got there late, still not a bad day of shooting though.

*******************************
thanks for reading!
 jaa! visit me again, ne!
     arigatou! (*^3^)/~






0 Comments