RED RIDING HOOD Project

^Is this cosplay?


I am not entirely sure, but just to be safe, let us just say it isn't. Since there are so many variations and adaptations to the story of Little Red Riding Hood and I didn't base the costume from anything. I just designed it for the heck of it.


This concept shoot~ project, is based on the character Little Red Riding Hood, from the beloved children's tale of the same title.


I think almost everyone has heard of little red and the big bad wolf.
And their lines like:
"Oh, grandma, what big eyes you have."


"The better to see you with."


Assuming you don't know the tale, I kindly suggest that you just go google it^^


Anyway, had this costume made for last year's OtakunEK. My sister and I just thought that the fairytale theme would look so good with Enchanted Kingdom as the background.
She was Alice of Alice in Wonderland and I was Red Riding Hood.


I am not little so I'll just refer to this as the Red Riding Hood Project.


Because we are in need of cash, since money does not grow on trees, this COSTUME IS FOR SALE. The Alice Costume was already sold.


This version is not exactly the same as when I wore it last year (the costume has been worn approximately 4 times. Twice by me and 2 times by friends).


This is how my Red Riding Hood looked liked the first time I wore it.
Photo by Jerome Santos








So before this costume goes to a new home, I decided to have a shoot with it for documentation and to practice my sister's photography. Hitting 2 birds with one stone.




Prepping.
Which now eats up about an hour. I wasn't always like this, you know.
Before, getting ready took just under 15 minutes, and now I'm all make up and stuff >_< RED Shoot 3




Character: Red Riding Hood by jaRoukaSama based on Little Red Riding Hood
Genre: Book / Literature
Taken on 21 November 2010 at La Mesa EcoPark




PREPARE FOR PHOTO OVERLOAD!!!!! hhehehehe



Here are some of my fave shots from my sister, hiMe-kAnoN. <--- click to see her DA
red,fairy tale,red riding hood




red,fairy tale,red riding hood




red,fairy tale,red riding hood




some of my fave shots from z3LL




red,fairy tale,red riding hood




red,fairy tale,red riding hood




red,fairy tale,red riding hood




red,fairy tale,red riding hood


Some of the most outrageous things that people called me were: POCAHONTAS, MULAN, and get this, LADY GAGA. that is seriously LOL hheeheheheh


Some even asked for pictures. Which is very Flattering XD
RED Shoot 6




Found a motorbike which was looking lonely, took some photos with it and I became the...
RED RIDER HOOD heheheheheh
red,fairy tale,red riding hood




My sister, on photographer mode hehehehhe

RED Shoot 4




O MAI GAD!! I HAS 2 ICE CREAMS!!! O_O
RED Shoot 5


Okay! So I didn't have the hood up most of the time BUT! the story is also known as the Little Red Cape and sometimes even cloak. So, don't go telling me that this isn't right hahahaahha heheheheh *evil laugh*


The Hood is made of velvet and was kinda hot, so we I didn't have it up most of the time... The sun was setting so we decided to pack it up since we were tired.


Wanted to try KFC's Double Down Burger, but alas, they were sold out. tsk T_T




Just in case you missed it, here are the things that changed from the first time I wore this costume:
  • I am wearing the wig my sister used for her Alice in Wonderland.
  • I has on a headband given by someone worth remembering.
  • Used the new make up technique I learned.
  • Lost the ribbon on the basket
Still the same:
  • Contact lens
  • Undershirt
  • Socks
  • Shoes
  • Petticoat
  • Basket and things that hang from it
  • Hood
  • Dress




The costume
the back


the buttonsthe laces on the hood


*******************************
thanks for reading!
 jaa! visit me again, ne!
     arigatou! (*^3^)/~






0 Comments