My COSPLAY MAKE UP KIT (updated)

^What is inside my cosplay make up kit?
Loads. I actually have two make up kits; one is for lazy everyday/"because I need to", and the other one is my cosplay make up kit which has loads more in it and has the more expensive make up hahahahahha

This is an updated post to the one I made years ago on the same topic.
After seven years of cosplay, I have finally begun to invest on better products. Although admittedly my make up kit is a mix of the expensive and cheap (ahemcoughdaisocoughahem), because to me, as long as it works then use it.

I still believe cosplay make up should focus on the following:
- close to perfect skin
- emphasized eyes

Face sculpting/ contouring is something we can learn that will make us resemble the character even closer but I consider this as a secondary priority, though I do feel it is very important for cosplay.

Here is a look at my make up kit along with some of my recommendations.
The products I have mainly focus on MY problem areas.

My kit focuses on:
- getting perfect skin (covering my humungous pores and reducing redness)
- contouring (because I have a round face that only looks good for younger characters and not my usual character choices),
- making the make up last long with minimal retouches because I am lazy. ehe~

On most days I have a combination skin type with only certain areas (the T-zone, the nose most especially) getting oily.

Also, keep in mind that we may have similarities but ultimately everyone is unique.
What may work for me, may not work for you. You need patience.
I am not rich, it took a lot of saving up to buy most of the make up I have, a lot of trials to know which ones effectively do their thing on my skin.
You need patience and you have to understand that you will buy stuff that is expensive only to be disappointed and not use it, but when you do find that holy grail item... Rejoice and sing to the heavens! hahahhahaha

Ok, let's go!
My cosplay make up kit is shown off by 2 of my children, rilakkuma in a dragon costume and korilakkuma in a snake costume. Kawaii desho? <3


I just love this make up kit from Tokyu Hands because the front detaches and is an amazing brush and tools holder.
Brushes and Eye liners.
 On one of the pockets I have my eyebrow shaver, a stick thingy I use to push my false lashes into place, a pair of tweezers, and a retractable lip brush.

The brushes I have are pretty basic:
- a large brush for loose powder
- angled brush for contouring
- eyebrow brush
- foundation/cream brush and concealer brush
- an assortment of brushes for eye shadow

I love that the kit has a cover for the brushes, too. To keep 'em clean. :)

The kit also has a mirror you can take out and reposition as you please.
It also has 3 dividers in different sizes to keep your stuff neat and organized.
I just love this thing hahahahah I bought this for about about 3,000JPY in Tokyu Hands. :) You can also order this online if you are interested. hehehehe





Ok, ok. Imma stop gushing over the kit itself. hahahahah
Let's take a look at the contents.

Eye shadow palette 
Even after years of using this thing, I think I only used up about 25% of it hahahhah
Compared to before, I have learned the magic of using eye shadows for cosplay make up. 
This palette didn't cost much, as it is not from a well known brand but I am pretty satisfied with the colors especially since the wide range of colors makes it easy to match my eyebrows with my wig.


Pre make up and primers
1. The Body Shop - VITAMIN C ENERGIZING FACE SPRITZ
Of course I start my make up after washing my face and doing my moisturizing routine.
But I like to use this spritz before my make up because it provides hydration and the antioxidant Amazonian camu camu berry it has encourages collagen production and improves elasticity. Pak.

2. The Body Shop - TEA TREE MATTIFYING LOTION
It is a lightweight daytime moisturizer suitable for blemished skin. Infused with our organic pure tea tree oil, this easily absorbed lotion provides hydration, without clogging the pores or leaving skin feeling greasy. ---> that's why hahahaha

3. Majolica Majorca - SKIN LINGERIE PORE COVER
It is a primer that claims to have several uses : control oil, mattify skin, even out redness, and cover large pores. The product itself is ok but doesn't completely make my pores disappear but I like it.

4. Maybelline - BABY SKIN PORE ERASER
Another primer hahahahha This one promises to moisturizer while leaving the skin baby smooth and has a matte finish. It does feel like my make up is gliding and easier to apply so I love it. Like the Majolica Majorca Skin Lingerie, it doesn't completely erase my pores so I usually put this baby skin pore eraser on then follow it up with the skin lingerie.

5. Benefit - The POREfessional FACE PRIMER
Yes, primer again. hahahaha This one is a recent purchase, I have heard lots of good reviews about this and I finally saved enough to buy it just in time as the baby skin and skin lingerie is running low. This was a bit pricey and previously Sephora didn't ship this to Japan so I had to find alternatives. I hope to get good results. Will post a review soon!

6. PGT Palgantong - SKIN MAKE CC - COMPLETE CORRECTION CREAM
PGT which stands for Palgantong sounded funny to me so I was intrigued hahahaha It is a Korean Make up brand supposedly used for theater and by actors. It was reasonably prized and did correct the redness I had and had good coverage. I don't usually use foundation and this seemed like a good covering foundation substitute to me since I felt like I already had too much on my face because of all the primers I have. lol


Powders
1. Etude House - SECRET BEAM HIGHLIGHTER 
Bought this on a friend's recommendation, HI ZAZA! mwah hhehehe and I love love it! Pretty affordable and it does a good job in highlighting.

2. Laura Mercier - TRANSLUCENT LOOSE SETTING POWDER
LOOOOOOOOOOOVEEE! Was definitely pricey but all the good reviews were right about it. I use this to set my make up and since it is translucent, it doesn't discolor my hard work. ehe~

3. PGT - Palgantong - COVER PACT MINI
I used to set my make up with this after foundation, but since getting my Laura Mercier I only bring this around for touch ups since it is so small and compact.

4. Daiso - NOSE CONTOUR PACT
100JPY hahhahaha Cheap and does the job hahahaha I use this for retouches now but before I got my better contouring palette, this was enough for me hahahah though the only downside is that it doesn't last very long. 

5. Kate - PRESSED CHEEK COLOR IN PK-1
I am not a fan of blush as I think it doesn't look good on me but some characters have rosy cheeks so... hahahahah But this one is pretty long lasting and wasn't expensive.


Contouring palettes
definitely the priciest stuff in my  kit
Both are great but I gotta say I love the Make up Forever palette as it is easier to apply and has a powder finish. 

1. Anastasia Beverly Hills - CREAM CONTOUR KIT in LIGHT
Love ittttttttttttt but blending is tiring man hahahahha Has a wide range of colors so definitely great for a wider range of characters

2. Make Up Forever - PRO SCULPTING PALETTE
Another buy based on Zaza's recommendation hahahah Love you, girl! <3
This is just amazing and so easy to use and more convenient to bring around because it is smaller than my other palette hahaha Love it because it has shimmer, contour, highlight and blush all in one


Concealers
With my numerous primers and heavy coverage CC cream, I usually don't require concealers.
But sometimes or rather most of the time, when I have something important like a big shoot, face demons come popping out. /shakes fist 
Anyone else have this problem? grrrrrr

1. Etude House - BIG COVER CUSHION CONCEALER in MINT
I got this on sale and I thought it did a good job in reducing redness

2. Make Up Forever - FULL COVER CONCEALER
Zaza deserves another credit for this hahahahha I got this specifically for under my eyes and they look great <3

3. Kleancolor - CONCEALER WHEEL
It was cheap hahahahahahhahahahah 


As I mentioned above, I don't usually use foundation.
But I have heard great things about this cos2 foundation and decided to give it a try.
Though I have yet to actually use this hahahaha. Will post a review on this soon, too.

And to top it all off, I seal my make up with this Nyx Setting Spray in matte finish.


Blender sponges
I will not say no to anyone if they ever decide to give me an original beauty blender but these ones from Forever21 work just fine and are quite low priced.


Eyeliners
Bottom - Top
1. Heroine Make - KISS ME MAKE SMOOTH LIQUID EYELINER in BLACK
What a long name! Whew! hahahah I have other heroine make eyeliners but this one is the best, the color is much darker and lasts longer. Also, this brush pen makes it so easy to draw on lines, so easy its as if it was gliding! 

2. K-Palette - 1 DAY TATTOO EYELINER in DEEP BROWN
Some characters just require a subtle approach hence I have a brown liquid eyeliner and this one from K-Palette is just great <3

3. Fashion 21 - EYELINER in WHITE 
This is the most inexpensive truly white, white eyeliner I know and I will never let go of it hahahahah

4. and 5. Daiso - PENCIL EYELINERS in BLACK and BROWN
100JPY shops saves the day! hahahah
I use this for mostly tight lining my eyes, or drawing lines and creases.


 
1. Daiso - EYE BROW GEL in CLEAR
To keep my drawn on colored eyebrows from getting erased.

2. Daiso - EYE LASH GLUE
For sticking on my false eye lashes.

3. Heroine Make - KISS ME VOLUME AND CURL MASCARA 
No explanation needed, heroine make is awesome hahahha

4. Eyelash curler


Lip make up
I think lip stick doesn't look good on me... 
The only reason I have 'em is because either they were gifts or for cosplay hahaha

1. Nivea - WATER TINT
Moisturizing lip balms are a must! Because chapped lips don't look good in photos! I like this one because it comes with a natural looking pinkness. Suitable for most natural looking characters

The rest, well I have basic colors.
A shiny nude color, red, orange, and pink for characters that require looking a bit more cute.


Extra stuff in my kit
1. Biore make up remover wipes, q-tips, and some cotton pads.

2. Non-toxic glue stick for sticking on wig fibers to my face.

3. Nose magic, nose reshaping tool. This is a life changer. hahahaha I just want a slimmer looking nose, ok. XD Recent discovery, bought on sale, has made my photos a lot better in my opinion LOL

4. False eye lashes cases.

5. Lighter hahaha to heat up my pencil eyeliners and my eye lash curler so that my lashes will flick out more.

6. Eye liner pencil sharpener

7. Spirit gum, strong adhesive for sticking things into place. BUT NOT FOR EYELASHES!

8. A case of safety pins.

9. A case of hair pins.

10. Giant hair clip to keep off hair while I do my make up

Not pictured here, but in my kit I also have a spare wig cap, a hand sanitizer (coz you gotta have clean hands when doing your make up) and a small bottle of cologne (coz everybody likes a great smelling person /wink)


Well, that's it for my cosplay make up kit.
If you have any questions regarding the items I use, don't hesitate to ask :D I would be glad to answer them!~

Let's all have fun cosplaying!
Have a good day, everyone! <3


*******************************
thanks for reading!
 jaa ne! visit me again, ne!
     arigatou! (*^3^)/~

0 Comments